Sundown Audio X-10 V.2 D2 10" 1500W RMS Dual 2-Ohm X Series Subwoofer
- SKU #: 00448
Sundown Audio X-10 V.2 D4 10" 1500W RMS Dual 4-Ohm X Series Subwoofer
The X V.2 series is the first driver in the Sundown woofer line-up to offer their "ultra high excursion" suspension and frame designs. The 10, 12, and 15" models feature Sundown's custom tooled and patented frames and the 18" model uses the tried and true 18" 6-spoke with a custom tooled adapter to allow for a full 10" diameter spider. Sundown mates these new platforms to a triple stacked 190mm diameter motor structure featuring a hyper-extended pole and extreme clearances (allowing up to 4" p-p travel before mechanical bottom). This motor powers a 3" diameter 4-layer CCAW coil wound on a thick, black aluminum former to incredible levels of excursion.
The X V.2 series was designed from the ground-up to become the new standard in the low-frequency / small ported box subwoofer category in this price range. They will work in anything from very small enclosures (like the SA and Z v.3 series) up to about 50% larger than those suggestions for the maximum amount of low-frequency extension.
The X V.2 series is really a different kind of woofer due to it's incredibly linear suspension. They are designed for the LOWEST level of bass extension possible while maintaining low levels of distortion. They are NOT a peaky SPL woofer - these are true low distortion, high excursion bass transducers!
Due to the extremely low level of suspension induced distortion the typical "punchy" upper-bass peak in the 40s-60s Hz range that occurs with traditional woofers when pushed to high excursion does not occur. This "punch" is caused by a tightening of the suspension over stroke leading to increased FS and Qts figures - in other words it is distortion. In simpler terms - the X series frequency response does not change much over it's full excursion range provided a consistent and flat response at any volume level. Once you experience and re-listen to all of your favorite music on a low distortion driver you are unlikely to go back!
- Sundown Audio X-10 V.2 D2 10" 1500W RMS Dual 2-Ohm X Series Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- RMS = 1500 watts
- Voice Coil Configuration: Dual 2-ohm
- Xmax = 30mm one-way by 70% BL
- Vented magnetic gap
- Optimized high-velocity pole vent
- Innovative high-velocity vented frame spacer ring
- Black Aluminum 3” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation
- High Temperature Round-Wire CCAW voice coil with high-temp black adhesive
- All Aluminum Coil that is ~30% longer
- Large aluminum faraday ring (Magnet ID)
- Spring Loaded Terminals
- Stitched-On Double-XL Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- Mega-Roll v.2 Surround Technology
- High strength, custom tooled & patented cast aluminum frame
- Optimized for small ported & band-pass enclosures
- Recommended Ported Enclosure: 1.50 ft^3
- Displacement: 0.21 ft^3
- Depth: 8.88"
- Outside Diameter 11.65"
- Cut-Out: 10.01"
- Recommended Tuning: 32hz
- Recommended Port Area: 24in^2
|DC Resistance (Re)||Ω||3.80|
|Resonance Frequency (Fs)||Hz||38.2|
|Equivalent Volume (Vas)||L||9.0|
|Electrical Q Factor (Qes)||0.53|
|Mechanical Q Factor (Qms)||4.93|
|Total Q Factor (Qts)||0.48|
|Voice Coil Inductance (Le)||mH||2.56|
|Force Factor (BL)||NA||24.8|
|Moving Mass (incl. Air Load) (Mms)||g||356.4|
|Suspension Compliance (Cms)||μm/N||0.05|
|Sensitivity||1w / 1m||81.6 dB|
|Sealed Enclosure Suggestion||cu. ft.||N/A|
|Ported Enclosure Suggestion||cu. ft.||1.50|
|Recommended Port Area||sq. in||24|