PDX-F4 - Alpine 4 Channel 400 Watt Amplifier
- SKU #: 79640
The PDX-F4, From a Family of Winners
Winner of a CES Innovations 2010 Design and Engineering Award for the In-Vehicle Audio category, Alpine’s next-generation PDX-F4 is designed and engineered for ultimate sound quality, power performance and reliability. The new cosmetics offer an attractive, compact package that is 20 percent thinner than the first generation PDX amplifiers. The PDX-F4’s compact chassis is easy to hide and can easily fit in tight spaces, such as under the seat. The PDX amplifiers also are stackable, allowing for a large multi-amplifier system to be installed in a tight space.
Technological Advancements Galore
The new PDX amplifiers incorporate a completely new power supply design with sophisticated thermal and voltage protection, low noise and high efficiency. This power supply does its work efficiently too, averaging above 90 percent efficiency at all power levels. The thermal protection circuit constantly monitors internal amplifier temperature, reducing power when necessary to keep the music playing under extreme heat and load conditions. It also can roll back power when battery voltage drops significantly under load, again preventing shutdowns under extreme conditions.
The new PDX amplifiers integrate parallel globally modulated analog feedback to maximize sonic quality. This new design results in an extremely wide, flat frequency response with ultra-low noise and distortion. The new PDX amplifiers provide superior sound quality, with extremely low distortion levels (less than 0.01 percent), very low noise (greater than 120dB at full rated power), and noticeably wide bandwidth (5Hz – 100kHz).
PDX amplifiers have an extremely high damping factor of more than 500–twice that of the closest competitor and more than four times the class average, giving outstanding speaker control and linearity.
The PDX series is designed for easy flush installation in any custom set up. New quick-release connectors are used for both the speaker outputs and the power leads for fast installation and troubleshooting. The sleek design doesn’t compromise functionality either, with all controls and connections easily accessible and serviceable. The removable trim rings can be custom painted to match unique color schemes.
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: (4/2 [email protected] %THD+N), S/N 98dBA (Ref. 1W into 4 I?): 100w x 4
RMS Power Ratings
- Per channel into 4 Ohms: (@14.4V %THD+N) 100W x 4
- Per channel into 2 Ohms: (@14.4V %THD+N) 100W x 4
- Bridged 4 Ohms: Bridged into 4I? (%THD+N) 200W x 2
- Crossover: Variable, 30-400Hz (-12dB / oct ), Low-Pass/High-Pass /OFF Selectable
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) mm: 257mm x 192mm x 50.8mm
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) in: 10-1/8' x 7-9/16' x 2'
- Power Requirements: 14.4V DC (11V to 16V)
- Input Sensitivity: 0.2V to 4.0V (For Rated Power)
- Cable size: 4 AWG (BATT and GND), 12 AWG (Remote), Up to 8 AWG (Speaker)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz / 0dB ~ -3dB (Reference: 1 W into 4 ohms)
- Speaker Impedance: 4 or 2 I?
- Signal to Noise: CEA 2006 S/N Ratio (IHF A Weighted, Reference: 1W into 4I?) 98 dBA
PDX F4 PDXF4 PDX-F4 - Alpine 4 Channel 400 Watt Amplifier
Special Price $24.99
Special Price $14.99
Special Price $8.99
Special Price $154.99
Special Price $8.99