TS-W308D2 - Pioneer 12" 1400W Dual 2 ohm Subwoofer
- SKU #: 78510
- TS-W308D2: Dual-Voice Coil Design 2 ohm x 2
For extraordinary performance, the cones are made of Pioneer's IMPP with Aramid Fiber, and we've used a dual mass magnet assembly for higher magnetic force and more power. The wire terminals are spring-loaded and can take up to 8-gauge wire.
Interlaced Basalt/Carbon Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone
To ensure that you get more natural bass, we've incorporated out new Basalt fiber technology into our shallow subwoofers. The volcanic-rock fibers create a cone that is lightweight, rigid, well damped, stable in temperature extremes, and more environmentally friendly. In short, this bass really rocks.
3-Layer Radial Surround
A sub's surround plays a key role in its overall performance. In order for bass response to be clear and tight, the surround has to respond evenly around its entire circumference without flexing or puckering, even at high volume levels. That's why Pioneer created a surround consisting of two layers of urethane, with a layer of interwoven fiber between them. It's strong, stable, and it reduces distortion.
Dual Mass Magnet with Magnet Cover
It's simple, really. Follow us here: to accurately drive and control its voice coil, a speaker needs a magnet and a pole yoke, to create magnetic force. The bigger or denser the magnet, the greater the magnetic force. The greater the magnetic force, the greater the power and control that's exerted over the voice coil. To make this happen in a big way, we use a Dual Mass Magnet assembly (weighing in at 83oz.) to significantly increase the magnetic force. SO, you get bigger and more accurate music. And yes, we even included a magnet cover.
Spring-Compression Binding Posts
Why do we use Spring-Compression Binding Posts, instead of standard speaker wire terminals? So your speaker wire NEVER shakes loose due to vibration (either from the road or from your music). When you insert the wire, the connector keeps a constant pressure on it. And it won't let go. These binding posts will accept wire as large as 8-gauge.
Dual Voice Coil
TS-W308D2/4 provides two voice coils, each either at dual 2 or dual 4 ohms. So you can use a low-impedance amp to produce much bigger, much more powerful bass. More options, more power: that's what DVC is all about.
|Features & Specifications:|
- Size: 12"
- Woofer Cone Material: Interlaced Basalt/Carbon Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone
- Woofer Cone Design: Cone Reinforcement Arcs
- Surround: Wide Roll, Three-Layer Fiber Woven Radial
- Voice Coil: 4-Layer, Long Voice Coil
- Voice Coil Wire: Copper
- Voice Coil Bobbin: Phenol Resin Coated Glass Cloth
- Damper(Spider): Aramid Fiber
- Damper Ring: Yes
- Top Plate: Standard
- Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
- Magnet Construction: Double Mass High-Power (83oz)
- Basket Design: Stamped Basket with Magnet Cover
- Gasket: ABS
- Wire Terminals: Integrated Single-Sided Silver Compression Terminals
- Watts MAX. Music Power: 1400 Watts
- Watts Nominal Power Handling: 400 Watts
- Frequency Response: 20 ~ 180Hz
- Sensitivity: D2 (90dB) D4 (92dB)
- Ohm Rating: D2: (1 or 4 ohm) D4: (2 or 8 ohm)
- Recommended Enclosure: 0.85 ~ 1.75 Cubic Feet
- Dimensions: 327 mm x 172 mm
- Mounting Depth: 153 mm
TSW308D2 - Pioneer 12" 1400W Dual 2 ohm Subwoofer TS W308D2