The New Chameleon CXS version 2
Component separates are a truly innovative new speaker system. Their easy to change tweeter mounting allows you to choose the best mounting method for your vehicle.
Installation versatility was only one of our goals when engineeriing the CXS separates.
We set out to attain a level of fidelity that is unrivaled at any price. The result is a speaker system that provides superior resolution of details through the critical midrange and high frequencies with incredible dynamics and sonic realism. Their superior performance will be immediately apparent with your first listen to the CXS.
The CXS component sets
are available in 6.5" with a choice of 2 ohm or 4 ohm versions. The Chameleon separates consist of a pair of CX midbass drivers and a pair of XS28 tweeters and crossovers.
The XS28 tweeter
reproduces even the most complex musical passages with stunning clarity, dynamics, and detail without harshness or listening fatigue. Their very smooth frequency response, both on and off axis, allows them to excel in many different mounting locations.
The Passive Crossovers
bring together the performance of the XS28 and CX mid-bass/midrange drivers. To properly match the output of the XS28, they are equipped with adjustable crossover frequency and tweeter level.
The CX mid-bass/midrange drivers
are detailed, articulate, and have intense dynamic impact with exceptional clarity. They reproduce the finest details of the midrange while reproducing the mid-bass range with intense dynamics and exceptional transient response. Their performance provides a truly exciting listening experience.
- Frequency response (hz) 65 to 22000
- Voice coil (Single or dual) Single
- Voice coil imp (ohms) 4 or 2
- Voice coil Dia (inches/mm) 1.435.56
- Sensitivity 1 watt / 1 meter 90dB
- Recommended Power Range (watts) 25 to 125
- Mounting Dia Tweeter(inches/mm) 1.97/50.04
- Mounting Depth Tweeter(inches/mm) .8/20.32
- Mounting Dia Midbass(inches/mm) 5.625”
- Mounting Depth Midbass(inches/mm) 3.0/76.2
- Power: 25-250 watts
- Impedance: 2 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Frequency Response: 65Hz-25kHz
- Depth: 3.0"
CHIP FOOSE AND ARC AUDIO TEAM UP TO PRODUCE
PREMIUM LINE OF AUTOMOTIVE AUDIO PRODUCTS
Arc Audio and legendary designer Chip Foose (host of the hit TV series Overhaulin’) have teamed up to produce an exciting array of cutting-edge automotive audio products.
The FD Series by Arc Audio complement OEM factory and custom auto interiors and deliver the finest sound quality and performance available on the market.
The FD Series audio lineup incorporates the revolutionary audio technology developed by renowned Arc Audio electronic engineer Robert Zeff with the signature stylish ethos of Chip Foose and Foose Design. Designed without compromise to quality or engineering and using the finest available materials and the latest manufacturing techniques, the sleek, duo-tone FD Series by Arc Audio delivers style and high-performance audio with top-of-the-line sound quality. The FD series amplifiers are exclusively using multi-layer circuit board designs, Sanken output devices, microprocessor-controlled, fully-regulated power supplies, integrated temperature controlled cooling fans and extremely high damping factors to ensure the highest sound quality and performance.
Arc Audio has frequented victory lane with its competition team in the IASCA, USAC and SLAP competition arenas and has been featured in hundreds of magazines with its creative, outrageous, and heart stopping demo vehicles and phenomenally flawless product reviews in publications worldwide. The New FD series is no exception to their mantra, and is an excellent choice for installs where performance and style are in demand.
- 12dB stereo crossover with x10 range switch, 55Hz to 5.5KHz
- High/low/full range selector switch
- Mono/stereo/bridged select feature
- 18dB bass control at 45Hz
- Protection against: reverse voltage, over voltage, speaker short, and thermal overload
- Heavy duty construction
- 50 Watts x2 @ 4 ohms
- 95 Watts x2 @ 2 ohms
- 190x1 Watts x1 @ 4 ohms bridged
- Transient distortion: <0.1%@4ohms
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20Khz
- S/N ratio (A wtg): >100dB
- Bass boost: +18dB @45Hz
- Input sensitivity: 250mV - 2.5V
- Crossover: 55Hz-5.5KHz variable 12dB
- Fuse: 25A x1
- Dimensions (with end-caps): 10 3/8" x 13 5/8" x 2 3/8"
- Dimensions (without end-caps): 10 3/8" x 10 1/2" x 2 3/8"